Saturday, January 22, 2011

Making Memories at the Park

Andrew's job often has him working on Saturdays.  He went to work today only to find out that someone else was working instead.  Andrew was supposed to cover for this person, but it worked out so that he didn't have to.  He got an unexpected Saturday off!  After Danielle woke up from her morning nap, we enjoyed some time at the park as a family.  I get to take the kids by myself quite a bit on days that I'm not working, but it was so nice to go altogether.  Danielle loved playing in the mulch and swinging.  Peter found a really long weed that he wadded up and put in a plastic cup.  He put the cup in the tunnel, and every time someone got close to it (namely Danielle), he would yell, "Don't get my weed!!"  I think I may soon need to teach my son to "Say No to Drugs!" 













2 comments:

  1. I love how playing with the mulch can be the highlight of a park visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the weed story! Aren't little boys so much fun! I love the cheery colors of your new blog spot. Much love,
    jenn

    ReplyDelete