Saturday, February 2, 2013

Home Depot Day


The kids love the first Saturday of the month because it's Home Depot Day!!!  Andrew was working, so I took the kids up this morning before my tutoring session.  Today's project was a Valentine's Day Mailbox.  It was a really cute project.  We're going to hang the mailboxes in their bedrooms so they can receive mail.  I'm hoping that will encourage Peter in his quest to learn how to read.


They did a great job of waiting patiently while I helped each one with the hammer.  They both did about half of the hammering before letting me finish.  Then they painted their mailboxes.  They both enjoy actually building the project, but I think painting is their favorite part!!

Peter's on the left and Danielle's on the right

Another successful Home Depot project. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment